How was 2018 for you? Did it deliver all you wanted it to?
We have to be honest. The last year was one of mixed fortunes for us. It was tough. Nerves over Brexit, the volatile financial climate and a media transfixed with Trump, May and the Royal Wedding meant that not only was it difficult to secure new business, but we had to work harder than ever to secure coverage for our clients.
But we got our heads down, we worked hard and thought creatively – and we did it. We secured some fantastic wins, overcame some difficult challenges and generally had a great buzz while we were at it.
We’d like to say a very big thank you to everyone we worked with throughout 2018. It might have been challenging at times, but we had a blast and hope you did too!
Some of the many highlights included:
- Placing news and features on the BBC, Forbes and a variety of trade, specialist and local media sites on behalf of our clients
- Writing and delivering a great comms strategy for a fantastic small charity that has seen engagement in their work increase by more than 150%
- Designing and launching a fab new training course that aims to enhance people’s writing skills (after years of editing some terrible copy, we are particularly excited at the potential this offers!)
- Hosting a very successful creative writing retreat in southwest France, which has seen participants finish writing novels and having meetings with publishers
- Launching two new books on behalf of clients, which resulted in both coverage and sales.
- Keeping LEAD: Leadership for Equality and Diversity going despite the odds
We also gave away more than 30 hours of free advice and support; wrote more than 40 blogs and articles for clients, the media and our own blog; delivered various training programmes, judged the British Journalism Awards for Specialist Media; hosted a wellbeing retreat for busy professional women; revamped our website and celebrated our 5th birthday! Phew!
We have big plans for 2019 with even more exciting projects up our sleeves. More details to follow so keep your eye on this space!